Toxic Mold

Some Mold Is Extremely Toxic

There are some mold species that excrete toxic gases which can lead to black mold poisoning for humans. The mold spores are also harmful to our health but the mycotoxins or the gaseous secretions are the most harmful ones. Being exposed too much to black mold spores can be fatal especially to infants and older people. Mycotoxins can be lethal to anyone regardless of age. If you find mold in your home you should have a mold removal expert take care of the problem right away.

Don’t Let Mold Get A foothold

Don’t allow the environment in your home to become a place where mold can grow and thrive. If you have a roof leak or a pipe that leaks or anything that cause a wet environment correct that problem quickly. Stay aware of your homes environment and keep you living quarters clean and properly maintained. Mold spores are in the air everywhere and searching for a place to land and grow.

Black Mold

Black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) poisoning can lead to death. Our bodies are able to tolerate being exposed to small amounts of mycotoxins for a short time. However, large quantities of these can be very harmful to our health especially for those who have weak immune systems. Little babies and older people are more at risk for this health hazard. People who are sick or have infections are also more susceptible to black mold allergies and black mold poisoning.

Allergy Like Symptoms

Symptoms of black mold poisoning can show through coughs, anemia, chest congestions, and frequent nosebleeds. The milder signs can be further aggravated if the person is exposed more and more to mold. The symptoms are similar to hay fever. The person can have a cough, itchy eyes, a runny nose, frequent sneezing, and throat irritation. Once you suspect that your health issues are caused by black mold or mold allergy, talk to a doctor right away. A lot of people have serious problem and even die because they are exposed to mycotoxins. Many people still do not realize that mold allergies can lead to death. Black mold poisoning begins to show as a simple allergy but this can get a lot worse and even fatal in some cases.

Keep An Eye Out For Signs of Mold

Look out for little black specks. These can be the molds that reside in the insulation or the dry wall, around windows and even under the carpet. Storing damp clothes can make a breeding ground for a black mold infestation. These start off as little black spots. Pretty soon they will grow and start ruining the clothes. Refrain from using towels or clothes that show black molds in them. Getting this black mold onto your skin can be very bad for your health and might lead to mold poisoning with all its consequences. You can easily spot signs of a black mold infestation. Usually you will smell a musty scent inside your house or flat. This is a great way to recognize an infestation. Frequent inhaling of the mycotoxins is very bad so talk to a professional right away if you suspect black molds in your home and have mold inspection done. These people can assess the house well and see if there is black mold living in your ceiling or walls.

Mold Allergies

Allergic Reaction To Mold

Do you know anything about mold allergy? Do you know how mold allergy occurs? Are you aware of the effective ways to eliminate mold allergy? Here we are going to discuss about mold allergy in some detail. These allergies occurs due to tiny fungus we call mold. You may be affected by an allergy due to dead mold or living mold. Your health may be seriously impacted by mold and the allergic reaction they cause.

Help Dealing With Allergies From Mold

Various over the counter medications available for dealing with allergies. Some of them include antihistamine, corticosteroids, and bronchodilators. You should ask your doctor to prescribe can use any of them as prescribed by the doctor. Another treatment for allergies is immunotherapy. In this treatment, certain injections are injected to boost the immune system of an individual, so that he or she can develop great level of tolerance towards various allergens. There are also nasal sprays which help in dealing with mold allergies. It’s always best to seek the advice of your doctor before taking any medications or nasal sprays to treat allergies.

Where Will You Find Mold

You may find mold in the bathroom, in the refrigerator, on tiles, in kitchen, in air conditioners, closets, garbage bins, and in the garden. Anywhere there is enough moisture to produce an environment conducive to mold growth. Growth of mold can take place on tiles, wood, fabric, plaster, and paint sheet rock or any other surface containing cellulose and enough moisture. Both physical and oral contact with the molds can result in mold allergy. The symptoms of mold allergy include stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, headache, cough, and difficulty in hearing. If you find mold growing anywhere in your home you should contact a local mold remediation contractor and have the mold removed.

How To Prevent Mold Growth

If you find mold in your home or if you suspect there is mold growing somewhere in your home you should have an Austin Mold Inspection performed. With the results you can bring in a water damage restoration contractor to correct the factors that allowed the mold to take hold and then perform a mold remediation remove all mold and mold spores from your home. Now, there are ways of guarding against the return of mold. They best, of course, is to prevent the development of an environment suitable for mold to grow in. You should make sure to keep your home clean so you don’t provide that optimal environment for mold to take hold and multiple. You should take special care to eliminate all moist or damp areas of the home in a proper manner. Food should be stored in a proper manner and in a dry place. Clean your refrigerator from time to time. Leaving food in the refrigerator for a long period of time may result in the formation of molds, and be the cause of mold allergy. So, make sure not to leave food in fridge for a longer than is necessary. You should keep a check on the humidity level in your house. Having a dehumidifier in case of high humidity level is a good way to maintain the level of humidity in the house. You should make certain that your air conditioner is kept neat and clean. You ought to have exhaust fan in kitchen and bathroom. All your closets and garbage bins should be kept neat and clean to prevent the formation of molds.

If you are affected by allergies, in spite of taking all the preventive measures, you should seek medical advice.